Community
Games
Grindosaur
© 2020 - Grindosaur.com

#072 Tentacool

official Tentacool artwork by Ken Sugimori

Quick facts

Name Tentacool
Type WaterPoison
Species Jellyfish Pokémon
Height 0.9 m (2' 11")
Weight 45.5 kg (100.3 lbs)
Catch rate 190

Tentacool's description

Tentacool is a Water- / Poison-type Pokémon introduced in Gen 1 and has the National Dex number #072. The Pokédex classifies it as the Jellyfish Pokémon.

Tentacool's name in

Chinese (T / S) French German Japanese Korean
왕눈해 (Wangnunhae) Tentacool Tentacha メノクラゲ (Menokurage) 瑪瑙水母 / 玛瑙水母 (Mǎnǎoshuǐmǔ)

Tentacool's resistances & weaknesses

FireWaterElectricIceFightingPoisonGroundPsychicBugSteelFairy
x ½x ½x 2x ½x ½x ½x 2x 2x ½x ½x ½

Tentacool's rearing

Training

Experience Growth Slow
Base Happiness 70
EV yield 1 Sp. Def

Breeding

Gender ratio 50%50%
Egg Group(s) Water 3
Egg Cycles 20 (approx. 5120 steps)

Tentacool's abilities

1st Ability 2nd Ability Hidden Ability
Clear Body Liqiud Ooze Rain Dish

Tentacool's base stats

Stats Lv. 50 Lv. 100
Min Max Min Max
HP 40
100 190 147 284
Attack 40
40 76 101 196
Defense 35
36 67 95 185
Sp. Atk 50
49 94 112 218
Sp. Def 100
94 184 167 328
Speed 70
67 130 134 262
Total 335

Minimum stats are calculated with 0 EVs, 0 IVs, and (if applicable) a hindering nature. Maximum stats are calculated with 252 EVs, 31 IVs, and (if applicable) a helpful nature.

Tentacool's evolutions

Tentacool's Pokédex entries

Gen Game Description
1Red, BlueDrifts in shallow seas. Anglers who hook them by accident are often punished by its stinging acid.
1YellowIt can sometimes be found all dry and shriveled up on a beach. Toss it back into the sea to revive it.
1StadiumFires beams of light from its clear eyes. Floats around in shallow waters and may sting unwary anglers.
2GoldWhen the tide goes out, dehydrated Tentacool remains can be found washed up on the shore.
2SilverIt drifts aimlessly in waves. Very difficult to see in water, it may not be noticed until it stings.
2CrystalAs it floats along on the waves, it uses its toxic feelers to stab anything it touches.
2Stadium 2When the tide goes out, dehydrated Tentacool remains can be found washed up on the shore.
3RubyTentacool's body is largely composed of water. If it is removed from the sea, it dries up like parchment. If this Pokémon happens to become dehydrated, put it back into the sea.
3SapphireTentacool absorbs sunlight and refracts it using water inside its body to convert it into beam energy. This Pokémon shoots beams from its crystal-like eyes.
3EmeraldIts body is almost entirely composed of water. It ensnares its foe with its two long tentacles, then stabs with the poison stingers at their tips.
3FireRedIts eyes are as transparent as crystals. From them, it shoots mysterious beams of light.
3LeafGreenDrifts in shallow seas. Anglers who hook them by accident are often punished by their stingers.
4DiamondIts body is virtually composed of water. It shoots strange beams from its crystal-like eyes.
4PearlIt drifts in sea currents. Countless fishermen are hurt by its poison stingers.
4PlatinumBecause its body is almost entirely composed of water, it shrivels up if it is washed ashore.
4HeartGoldWhen the tide goes out, dehydrated Tentacool remains can be found washed up on the shore.
4SoulSilverIt drifts aimlessly in waves. Very difficult to see in water, it may not be noticed until it stings.
5Black, White, Black 2, White 2Because its body is almost entirely composed of water, it shrivels up if it is washed ashore.
6XIts body is virtually composed of water. It shoots strange beams from its crystal-like eyes.
6YDrifts in shallow seas. Anglers who hook them by accident are often punished by their stingers.
6Omega RubyTentacool's body is largely composed of water. If it is removed from the sea, it dries up like parchment. If this Pokémon happens to become dehydrated, put it back into the sea.
6Alpha SapphireTentacool absorbs sunlight and refracts it using water inside its body to convert it into beam energy. This Pokémon shoots beams from the small round organ above its eyes.
7SunThey can be found lying dehydrated on beaches, but they are often still alive. When soaked in water, they will revive.
7MoonIt drifts in shallow seas, such as the areas near beaches. If you get bitten or stabbed by its toxic tentacles, rush to the hospital.
7Ultra SunIt drifts through the sea searching for prey. Its poisonous tentacles break off sometimes, but after a while, they grow back.
7Ultra MoonIts body is 99% water. The remaining 1% contains the organ that makes its poison.
7Let's Go, Pikachu!, Let's Go, Eevee!It can sometimes be found all dry and shriveled up on a beach. Toss it back into the sea to revive it.